Saturday, November 13, 2010

What it must feel like.

Last night we picked up our second foster child.  It will most likely be short term but unlike our foster baby he is three.  He understands he is not with family and doesn't understand what is going on.  I was trying to put myself in his shoes last night and I just couldn't even fathom what it must feel like.  The tears were constant and the words "I want to go home" kept coming up.
I am so glad God put us on this journey but it seems so unfortunate that parents put their kids in this situation to be removed.  Hopefully today we can give him a good home and that he will remember this time as happy instead of scary.
I think a trip to the museum is in store for us today!  A trip with five kids...I'll let you know how it goes :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I am so impressed! 5 kids at the museum!?!? You guys are amazing, Jaclyn! It is so cool to see God working in and through you! I am blessed to call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete