Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Going home

Today I was reminded why we became foster parents.  A little boy needed a place to stay for a few days until he could be released to family... we were able to be that place.  It has to be scary but for four days a little boy could feel safe and have fun.  I am so glad that we are doing this.  I don't know anything about the family...honestly, I am so glad I don't.  Foster parents have no control over where the children go so it is best to just take care of a kid while they need it.  I am learning...slowly but I think I will get the hang of it. 
Now...if only Cohen would stop waking up at 5:30 every morning..AGHHHHH!

1 comment:

  1. Jaclyn, You are an amazing woman!! I am so proud to call you friend. You are making a difference in the lives of these children and families in a big way. Love ya, Loree

    ReplyDelete